PUBLIC NOTICE No.-30/2005
All the Custom House Agents are hereby informed that the practice of conducting Category II and Category I Examination has been dispensed with and henceforth Category ‘G’ examination under Regulation 19(3) and 19(6) of the Custom House Agents Licensing Regulation, 2004 will be conducted.
Henceforth, the category ‘G’ examination shall include a written and oral examination and will be conducted twice in a year. The written examination will be for 100 marks and the minimum qualifying marks will be 50 marks. Each applicant would be permitted to avail of maximum of four chances / attempts to qualify in the written and oral examination from the date of his/her first appearance for the written examination. Non-appearance in any written or oral examination will not be counted as a chance/attempt.
Example : A person who qualifies in the written examination in the first chance/ attempt but fails to qualify in the oral exam linked to the written examination will get another three chances/attempts for oral examination. If a person qualifies only in his fourth (last) chance / attempt in the written examination.
On qualifying in the said examination (written and oral) an employee of the CHA will become eligible to hold a power of attorney on behalf of his CHA licence.
The status of the Custom Passes issued prior to this Standing Order will be :
Category II Custom Pass : After examination for ‘G’ pass is completed and result is declared, Category ‘G’ pass will be issued and Category II passes issued earlier will not be issued and all the Category II passes issued earlier will be treated as Permanent passes ( Power of Attorney cannot be given to such person ).
Category I Custom Pass : After examination for ‘G’ pass and declaration of result, Category ‘G’ pass will be issued and Category I passes will not be issued and all the already issued Category I passes will be treated on par with the ‘G’ pass mentioned in this Standing Order.
All Custom House Agents are therefore directed to submit on or before 30.06.2005 a list / application of their present employee who are eligible and willing to appear for the above said Written Examination.
Eligibility for Category ‘G’ Examination :
a) An employee / director / partner holding provisional (temporary) Custom passes in form ‘H’ and who have passed 10+2 or equivalent Exam.
b) An employee / director / partner holding Permanent Custom Pass (Category II) and who have passed 10+2 or equivalent Exam and who desires to have Power of Attorney.
2. On passing Written Examination they will have to appear for Oral Test. Further, if the number of candidates are too may the Written and Oral Test may be conducted in two phases. All the Custom House Agents are accordingly requested to ensure that their employees prepare themselves for the said examination.
3. Custom House Agents are hereby informed that their employees who are holding Provisional Custom Passes in form ‘H’ are required to qualify in the examination under Regulation 19 of CHALR – 2004 in 04 attempts (maximum number) from the date of issue of Custom Passes (including the no. of attempts availed in Category II Examination). However, CHA may note that if a candidate does not apply for Category ‘G’ examination, it will not be taken as an attempt. It is also informed that those employees who have failed to quality in the last three Category II examination must ensure that, if they appear, they will have to qualify in the ensuing examination failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the next Category ‘G’ Examination.
4. The Roll Nos., time, date and venue of the Written Examination will be displayed on the Notice Board of the CHA Section of the Custom House on 20.07.2005 after scrutiny of the application. Further the listed eligible candidates are required to pay Rs. 200/- as an examination fee ( per candidate). The CHA / candidates will not be informed separately.
5. The earlier Public Notice No. 02/2004 dated 13.1.2004 may be treated as withdrawn.
6. The applications shall be enclosed with a copy of the Custom Passes and in the prescribed format alongwith a attested Photo Copy of 10+2 passed or equivalent exam and Original Certificates to be shown for verification at the time of submission of applicants.
7. All CHA’s are directed to ensure that the information given above regarding their employees is true. Any misdeclaration will be viewed seriously and action will be taken under CHALR 2004.
8. Applications, which are not in the prescribed format or are received after 30.06.2005 will not be entertained under any circumstances.
F.NO. S/6-113/02 ADMN